Wednesday 20 July 2011

Cornwall Day 5


The Following Blog is for the 13th July 2011

Well in my opinion this was the best day of the holiday so far!

Jon, Nina, Dad and I all went off to Padstow, we parked at Rock and caught the ferry across to Padstow where we walked 2 miles all the way down the beach, got some great shots and loved the views and scenery, you can actually see Polzeth beach in the distance. Jon and Neen started fighting over shells; Nina claims that Jon pushed her over to steal a shell she was going to get. Mother and son love aye.

We then moved on to walk along the coast line, about 2 miles back to Padstow. At Padstow my belly was almost eating on itself, so we went to the pub for drinks and lunch, I bought the first round of drinks, (because I’m generous like that), and had a chicken burger which was delicious!
We moved on from there to look through shops and wonder.

Now I’m sure you’re all thinking what is it about all that makes it the best day? Well one of the reasons I wanted to come to Padstow is so we could ride in a Power Boat, £6 per person about 15 minutes shooting out the harbour all the way down and back again. This time though the guys were making claims of going to see Dolphins as well as the ride. We didn’t think anything of it; we thought we would see nothing or maybe a fin, nothing to special. But when we got out the harbour and further out to sea there in front of us were Dolphins, I was gob smacked. And we didn’t  just see them that once, we stayed out there for quite a while watching the Dolphins and following them around, in fact we was out there a lot longer than the 15 minutes we was supposed to have! Other boats were with us watching them including another Power Boat, our boat and the other stayed together at one point and sped along with a Dolphin swimming in between us. At another moment we had the Dolphins swimming through the waves of our boat even jumping out through them.
It was absolutely fantastic and goes in one of the best experiences of my life, right next to the indoor skydiving.

So now you know why this was the best day!
Back to the bungalows were most of the group were heading out for a meal leaving Nina, Dad and myself with the kids. I looked after Kez and Megs when Nina and Dad were preoccupied.

After I had eaten I wondered down to Tess and Richards’s bungalow as they let me come and watch the Apprentice. Glad to see Natasha gone off there!

Once that was said and done I came back to our bungalow to find those who went for the meal all in there and playing cards. I sorted myself another beer and sat with Megan on my lap again, she played on her own this time though as she seemed to be doing so well all I did was sort out her cards.

Most of our group has now had a good look at the pictures as we looked through them during the card game on my lappy.

Now everyone has moved on, I’m in bed and now it’s time to sleep. Good weather tomorrow apparently so we are heading to Polzeth beach again!

No comments:

Post a Comment