Saturday 16 July 2011

Cornwall Day 1

The following Entries are journals of my Holiday in Cornwall. I will upload it day by day.

The following Blog is for 9th July 2011
How would I describe the first day of my holiday here in Cornwall? Sleepless, Drunken, Sun Burnt, Dancing with madness seems to be a good way to sum it up.

Left home at around 3:50am Saturday morning after getting little to no sleep, mainly due to Sonisphere being heard through my window and just the sheer excitement of the holiday.

My Step bro Jon and I headed out and we spent most of the first couple hours just chatting and listening to Trance music. We took a quick 15 minute stop for some energy drinks to keep us awake and a snack at a McDonalds.

Back on the road we went switching round the music a bit.
As we got closer to Cornwall our excitement rose and the energy drink and coffee kicked in, we put on The Baseballs which Jon had not heard before, didn’t take him long to be dancing in the driver’s seat and singing his heart out to the Rock a’ Billy songs of current known tracks like Hot n’ Cold and Angels.

Finally pulled up at the Garden centre in Wadebridge, we slowly pulled in next to my Dads car where he and my Step Mum were sleeping in the front seats, didn’t take them long to wake though as we had the music up load! They looked over to see me and Jon dancing away.

After that we had some breakfast and met with more of our big gang, Jo and Leon and my Step nieces Kez and Megs who came straight up to me and gave me hug which I always love to receive. Julie and Jude and Julie’s friend Louise arrived next. We all ate then went browsing the centre before heading out to Tesco’s to get supplies (by supplies I obviously mean beer). While at Tesco’s we met up with my Step Aunt and Uncle, Tess and Richard and there grand son Jack.

Then it was on to the best beach in England, (In my opinion) Polzeth. We do have a big upset this year though regarding our favourite spot, our favourite bar – named the Doom Bar – was closed due to a giant renovation they are doing, out of all the years to do it why the year we have the whole family down? Sods law aye.
We chilled on the rocks and chatted as members of our group have never been here before.

After the chat it was on to Deloble our home away from home. We all unpacked and got settled in and one of the first things I did was shower because after sitting in the car for so long I felt rather gross.

Quick trip to the Co-Op for any other missing things and then it was time to finally chill. I took a nap for bit but after that it was out with the Family enjoying the sun even though the wind was chilly. Didn’t realise how much sun I caught while out there as I now have a red face with panda eyes thanks to my Sun Glasses. Good food and banter and playing with the kids were the afternoon and early evening plans. People then started to disperse and shower, Julie, Louise and Jon went off earlier and so did Tess and Richard, but myself, Dad, Nina, Jo and Leon all joined up in Jo and Leon’s bungalow to play New Market. I spent most of the game with Megan on my lap, she was my good luck charm, but unfortunately she just gave me a dead leg.
The game itself was a bit of a mess at times as most of us (mainly them) were drunk. Leon was making his usual jokes, Nina was drunk to the point of not really registering what is going on and shouting putting me and Dad in hysterics.

Unfortunately the day had to come to an end. We said our good byes and headed back to our bungalow.
Which brings us to now, me lying in bed writing out my first blog of my first day, the first day of many crazy and fun days to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment